Holding on to hurts would deprive you of what you really deserve. My darlyns, unforgiveness in marriage is a DANGER sign which could hinder the love and affection you have towards your spouse. It would sap your energy and make you lose touch of important issues in life. My darlyns, lack of forgiveness is demonic and a destroyer of happiness in your marriage relationship. Forgiveness in marriage is very important it helps to strengthen and foster growth in the union. Believe me my darlyns its impossible not to hurt yourselves. My darlyns the ability to forgive and totally let go is the key to sustaining your marriage. Some issues in marriage might be very difficult to forgive such as the issue of infidelity, abuse etc but it still demands forgiveness even if you still have to move on with life. Unforgiveness in your marriage can lead to hate and hurt. Forgiveness needs time, you may probably need some time to yourself just to resolve issue, let go of your pride in this case and learn to forgive.
Tips on how to forgive your partner
- Do not seek revenge after forgiving your spouse.
- Give yourself time to heal, think through it and let it go.
- Let go of whatever hurts you might have conceived in your mind.
- After forgiveness, remind your spouse of not repeating the same issue again.
- Forgive and forget the hurt you feel.
Tips on how to plead for forgiveness
- Be remorseful enough towards your spouse. Make them understand that your action isn’t intentional.
- Make a commitment never to hurt the feelings of your spouse.
- Be patient with your spouse, by giving room for them to heal within.
- My darlyns, please be ready to make amends.
- Let your apology be expressed verbally, physically emotionally and my darlyns, most importantly, sexually; make up sex.